As the 2015 Formula One (F1) Grand Prix season kicks off a racing rich list has named former Northern Ireland driver Eddie Irvine as one of the top earners in the sport of all time.
The list, released by Wealth-X, charts the top 10 richest F1 drivers and our Eddie is in there at number 4.
Cruising into first place on the list is seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher, who has an estimated net worth of US$780 million.
Reigning world champion Lewis Hamilton – who opened the 2015 season with a convincing victory at last weekend’s Australian Grand Prix – came in fifth place on the Wealth-X list with a personal fortune of US$110 million.
The youngest driver on the list is 27-year-old Sebastien Vettel, who has a net worth of US$45 million. The oldest is 60-year-old retired Frenchman Alain Prost, who has amassed a personal fortune of US$70 million.
Here’s the list:
1. Michael Schumacher – Mercedes, $780m (retired)
2. Fernando Alonso – McLaren, $220m (active)
3. Kimi Raikkonen – Ferrari, $180m (active)
4. Eddie Irvine – Jaguar, $180m (retired)
5. Lewis Hamilton – Mercedes, $110m (active)
6. Jenson Button – McLaren, $100m (active)
7. Alan Prost – Williams, $70m (retired)
8. David Coulthard – Red Bull, $70m (retired)
9. Sebastian Vettel – Ferrari, $45m (active)
10. Nico Rosberg – Mercedes, $30 (active)