We thought they were taking the piss when we first read it too, but it seems bathroom retailers Plumbworld genuinely believe urine cocktails could be the next big thing.

Plumbworld have created a number of bespoke cocktails using urine as the key ingredient and apparently 3.8% of people in the UK admit to drinking their own urine on a regular basis for healthy benefits. It’s known as urophagia (urine therapy).

Although the health benefits are unproven, many (including famous author JD Salinger) believe in its power, but a number of health professionals have also advised against the practice. Urine may be 95% water, but the other 5% is made up of excess minerals like sodium, potassium and chloride. The fact that the body is expelling these minerals shows that the body has received more than it needs.

Plumbworld must have thought they were onto to a winning streak when their marketing team decided to go for broke with an entire cocktail list infused with piddle.

One of the 25 cocktails they’ve created has been titled ‘Pee’na Gryllada.

Peena

They’ve dedicated it to Bear Grylls after watching him consume his own urine on TV.

It’s ingredients are:

  • 50ml coconut juice

  • 75ml pineapple juice

  • 50ml fresh urine

  • Fresh pineapple wedges

Mix with crushed ice, pour into a chilled glass garnished with pineapple wedges and serve.

Like yourselves, we keep thinking there’s a punchline coming, but sadly there’s not. It’s just a list of drinks with pee in them.

Plumbworld have even made a video of how to make a Long Island Iced ‘Pee’, but don’t worry the urine doesn’t reach the glass directly from source!

Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply