It’s the weekend and it’s time to indulge.
So what better way than to party with some Skittles Slushies?!
After all, they contain everything we love about life – vodka and skittles. Read on for the recipe from Delish.
1 14 oz. bag Skittles
750 ml vodka
1 Litre lemon-lime, flavoured fizzy drink (such as Sprite)
1. Separate skittles by colour.
2. Measure out about 1/4 c. of each colour. Pour the skittles into 5 small mason jars so that each jar is filled with a separate colour.
3. Pour about 150 ml (a little less than 2/3 c.) into each of the mason jars. Cover with lids and shake to mix the colors. Set in the refrigerator overnight.
4. The next day, line a fine mesh strainer with a coffee filter then strain one skittle-vodka mixture. (You’ll need 5 coffee filters in order to strain all 5 colors separately.) Discard the coffee filter and dissolved colorless skittles, transfer the strained vodka mixture into a clean jar or bottle. Repeat the process 4 times.
5. Make the slushies! For each drink, pour 2 oz of desired flavored skittles vodka, 1 c. Sprite and ice in blender. Blend until combined and reached the desired consistency, adding more ice if the mixture is too watery.