No need to worry about that raucous lads weekend away, ladies – as their ideal escape is now more likely to involve an activity-filled camping trip in the great outdoors than a sin-soaked weekend of debauchery.
A study into the social habits of 2,000 men shows the traditionally raucous weekends of donning fancy dress and downing pints are losing their appeal.
45% described the idea of going to a strip club or a drinking holiday in somewhere like Magaluf as “a nightmare” and a quarter think that men in groups are always deliberately trying to outdo each other.
The research, commissioned by Grant’s Whisky, found that 32 is the average age at which males replace the unruly escapism of their youth in favour of higher quality ‘man time’.
TOP 15 WAYS FOR MEN TO SPEND A WEEKEND AWAY
1. A food and beer festival
2. Bar hopping in a city
3. Sporting events
4. Music festival or event
5. Visiting a foreign city and exploring some culture
6. Paintballing followed by food in a local pub
7. Active sports like biking/hiking followed by camping in the wilderness
8. Driving experiences
9. Going out on a boat trip and fishing
10. Visiting a whisky distillery/going on a whisky tasting tour
11. Golfing weekend
12. Going to a strip bar
13. Extreme sports like rock-climbing/abseiling/
14. Surfing lessons and a night out in Newquay
15. Tough Mudder/competitive activity